General Class Information:
- Held at the EGF-VFW Arena- Studio Room
Classes Start: Monday September 9, 2013
- Thursday, September 5, 2013
- VFW Arena, 711 3rd Street SE, East Grand Forks, MN.
- $14.00 One time Registration Fee
- $27.00 per month 30 min classes
- $30.00 per month 45-60 min classes
Class Offerings and Information 2013-14 Season:
|Level||Grade||Class Day||Class Time||Monthly Fee||
|Tiny Kix||Pre||Tuesday||5:30-6:00||$27.00||Ribbons and Bows||Nikki|
|Wee Petites||Kind-1st||Tuesday||6:00-6:45||$30.00||Picture Perfect||Nikki|
|Mini Kix||4-5th||Monday||6:15-7:15||$30.00||Jammin Out||Nikki|
|Junior Kix||6-12th||Monday||8:15-9:15||$30.00||Talk to Me||Nikki|
What to Wear to Class
We encourage dancers to wear yoga pants and bring a sweatshirt to class. Our classes do take place in a hockey arena and it does get rather cold when the ice is on.
Absolutely NO JEANS!! This is communicated to families every year and dancers still come to class in jeans. This is not acceptable dance attire. Jeans make it very difficult for the dancers to use their wide range of motion. Please plan ahead and bring your dance clothes with you if needed in preparation for dance.
We ask that you wear your dance shoes to every class to break them in and increase their comfort. Until your shoes arrive it is okay to wear tennis shoes but after the dancers receive their shoes wearing them is a requirement. NO boots, heals, or flip flops. If your dancer does not have the proper shoes, they will be asked to sit for the class. This is a safety precaution.
Attendance is very important. Please try to make it to class on a weekly basis and arrive on time. We meet only once a week and that alone sometimes makes it difficult for dancers to remember their routines. All groups with Just for Kix are dance teams. As with any other team, we rely on each other for success. When dancers miss on a regular basis they are letting their team members down. They become unsure about the routine they are learning and this makes it difficult come performance time. This is a commitment that is made not only by the dancers but also by the parents.
Please e-mail or text the coach if you know you are going to be absent so plans can be made to accommodate the missing dancer. We understand that in this day and age children have very busy schedules. However, dancers will be asked to sit out of a performance if multiple classes are missed. This is especially true if those classes fall in the weeks prior to the performance.
Our performance season falls from January to May. We try to ensure that each class does 4-6 performances each season including the Winter and Spring shows.
We routinely perform at:
- The Artwise Elementary Art Show
- Valley Eldercare
- The United We Dance competition in Wahpeton
- Basketball games.
I do my best to keep families informed of all performances through class handouts, the website, and a newsletter. If your dancer arrives late to class they may not receive the handouts. Please take it upon yourself to speak with the coach about any information your dancer may have missed if they were late for class. It is often difficult to remember who received the handouts and who didn't. Your assistance in this manner is greatly appreciated.
Communication is very important with Just for Kix. We have to make sure that every family is aware of any performances, weather cancelations, or class changes.
- Our main source of communication is through the website, e-mail, text messages and class handouts. If families do not have access to these communication sources the coaches and director need to be made aware immediately so the proper adjustments can be made.
- If any changes in phone numbers, e-mail addresses or computer access are made throughout the season it also needs to be made a priority to make us aware of those changes. Failure to do so could result in missed performances or class cancelations. This miscommunication falls on the parents and not on the coaches.
- Weather cancelations will also be made available on the local news websites and news TV channels.
Please check any of these sources for any updates to the Grand Cities Just for Kix schedule.
Uniforms are for performances purposes only. In the past, we have had dancers wearing pieces of their uniform to school or for play at home. This often results in missing hair pieces, pants, shoes, etc. Please keep all uniforms in a safe place where they will maitain their performance quality. Parents are often not made aware of missing uniform pieces until the day of a performance. To find a replacement piece in that short of time is often impossible. These uniforms will be worn for two years so we need to make sure they are taken care of.
Just For Kix