SCROLL DOWN FOR FALL CLASS INFO - CALL 218-784-8649
CLICK HERE to register for fall classes!
- Fall classes are held at 317 West Main Street in Ada. It is on West Main Street, located on the same side of the street as the Orpheum Theatre. Look for a front of building that has a facade of a "house" and the sign that says "Just For Kix Ada." The space is located south (right next door) to the current Thrifty White Pharmacy Ada (new Thrifty) at the north end of the block and also next door to Office Supplies Plus.
- Please park at the slots at the north end of the block or on the east side of the street. Parking is also available at the south end of the block, across from Razor's Edge.
- Students pay a one time registration fee of $15 per dance season. This registration fee is in effect from a dancer registering for June 2015 classes into the school year. For example, if you are in summer session, you are not charged a registration fee when you register for fall season classes and year 2015-2016 as you have already paid the registration fee.
- Tuition per month for one half hour class: $29
- Tuition per month for one forty five minute class: $32
- Tuition per month for one hour class: $32
DISCOUNTS: Classes paid in four month increments or full year receive a $1 discount per month at check-out and siblings receive a discount on subsequent registration fees.
UNIFORMS: Uniforms take at the least 6 weeks or greater to arrive. They are ordered and are returnable if not worn, but must be returned within a certain period of time. See Rachel for details.
CLASS ATTIRE: Jazz shorts, jazz pants, leotards, and tops covering a full torso are to be worn to class (no half shirts or sports bra attire at our new location) - basically any "active" dance wear. Sweatshirts that have arms covering palms or are tempting to keep over hands of a dancer will be requested to be removed. No jeans at any time are to be worn to class. Pack a bag early and also be prepared to have hair out of face. Only dance shoes may be worn (no stocking feet) on the dance space floor at any time.
CLASS ARRIVAL: Please do not arrive more than 5 minutes prior to your class start and use the path to the hallway to hang your jackets/items. If you are interested, during most class nights, the Library and Dekko are open, Studio 4:13 art is open, the Orpheum Theatre movie space is down the street, and there are a number of restaurants in Ada. Due to limited space, we ask if you are able to enjoy the town during your dancer's class time, please do so. It is distracting if individuals go back and forth in the hallway during class. If you are in the waiting area, please keep discussion to a whisper and cell phones on vibrate or silent. Thank you!
COMPETITION/PERFORMANCE SEASON: We are apart of Just For Kix Together We Dance. Meaning, we may perform in a number of other community performances, but for Kids in Jazz, Kick, & Hip Hop, dependent on grade level, we perform at a number of stops in the Together We Dance calendar. These competition dates are set in the fall or earlier and we will travel (additional cost of family; we do not transport dancers) to locations to perform and compete. Dates are typically March & April.
GAMES: We are often invited to dance at games in the region. We aim to accomodate and not overfill your schedule. Admission at the schools may or may not be charged. We cannot guarantee out of town performances, but we look to see what we are able to put in representing our full slate of communities where our dancers are from, creating our program.
YEARLY PHOTOS/SESSION: A photographer is brought in as an independent business person. They provide photos to us as a group that we use as the program, in uniform, and you have an option of purchasing the photos or individual pictures. Date to be determined. May or may not be a class night.
SHOWS: Our Fall & Spring shows are the "recital" of our year and are the SHOWBIZ time of our program. Our shows are held at the Ada-Borup High School Auditorium or Gymnasium. An admission is charged for shows at the door. Parents may video and take photos.
Program Questions? Call Rachel Brandt, Director, at 218-784-2234 or text 218-784-8649
To contact Just For Kix Home Office, call 218-829-7107 and request Jenna Clouchie.
View our philosphy and Just For Kix history
Thank you for being a part of Just For Kix!
Just For Kix